Try-It-Out workshop guide
Length: Hop-On-Hop-Off participation
Target group: Visitors at an event
A good group size: 20-60 persons/day, coming and going each spending 20-30min with you.
A good amount of organizers: 1-2
Possible organizer: Organization at an event.
Example: Killer Fashion Revolution at Human Rights Arts Festival
Notes (Things to think about when organizing the workshop)
- You need minimum 15m2 space to set up the KFR Installation and some tables besides it for the workshop.
- If setting up the installation is to complicated you can print out handouts 1 and 2 (see Understand Handouts) and show the KFR animation (See Discover).
- Good to have 2 organizers so you can take food breaks, otherwise arrange with the other event organizers that they can watch your space, while you are taking a break.
- Decide how long days you want to work and inform "opening times" to organizer so they can put it in the program.
- Arrange that you have the needed materials (see materials below).
- Make the workshop arrangements clear for the event organizer. What are you bringing, what can they organize(e.g. computer, tables, chairs)
The example is based on a previous Killer Fashion Revolution -workshop. The guidelines presented here are flexible, the idea is that you can build your own Try-It-Out workshop based on this example.
Make a credit card fitting purse whit the participants. While chatting about the meaning of the purse.
The purse is assemble of 3 pieces that symbolize how the garment industry retail price is built up(Source:Asia Floor Wage Alliance):
- The biggest piece is 75% and symbolizes Profit or what the Brand makes(of course this includes wages for people who work for the brand, taxes, advertisement etc.)
Prepare prior to the workshop: